Submission rules for the Social Music App Challenge
This summer we are conducting the Social Music App Challenge to find the best social music application developed using Echo Nest technology. We have finalized the rules and submission instructions. Here are all the details:
The Grand Prize winner winner of the 2011 Echo Nest Social Music App Challenge will receive a cash prize of $10,000.
Applications must be submitted to The Echo Nest by 6PM EDT on September 7, 2011
How to Enter
- Receive an Echo Nest API key from The Echo Nest by filling out the form at http://developer.echonest.com/account/register
- Receive a Facebook App ID from Facebook by registering as a developer at https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Create a working Software Application that utilizes the Echo Nest API and some connection with Facebook
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Title of your application
- Name(s) and contact info of the program authors
- One sentence description of the application
- A detailed description of your application (300 words max)
- Your Echo Nest API Key
- A link to your application (if it is a web app)
- A link to a video of your application (no longer than 5 minutes)
- At least one and no more than 8 screenshots of your app
Entry email must be received by the Echo Nest no later than September 7, 2011 at 6PM EDT.
Rights and Permission
By entering a Submission to the Competition, you agree to a) grant permission to the Echo Nest to post the Submission on http://the.echonest.com; and b) Make the application be reasonably available for public use for 6 months after the conclusion of the Competition Submission Period. Once a Contestant enters a Submission, the Submission cannot be modified in any way until after the Judging Period is complete. You retain all rights to your application.
- Echo Nest employees and their relatives are not eligible
- The winning team is responsible for dividing up the prize amongst the team members.
The Grand Prize will be awarded to the submission that best meets the following five criteria: (1) Quality of the Idea; (2) Innovation of the Idea (including creativity and originality); (3) Social Features of the Idea (including potential for engagement and virality); (4) “Nestiness” of the Idea (how well the idea leverages the Echo Nest API); and (5) User Experience of the Idea.
The winner will be announced on September 21, 2011.